* Record personal and group reflections;
* Create and join online communities of practice;
* Engage in group discussions;;
* Create personal knowledge repositories or e-portfolios;
* Collaborate with fellow students online; Subscribe to RSS feeds;
* Share multimedia files.
* Secure environment for learning and reflection;
* Student-centered not course-led;
* Communities can capture and retain shared knowledge/learning;
* Reduces isolation for distance learners;
* Hosted service frees up institutional IT resources;
* Comprehensive access controls - content can be as private or as public as you wish;
* Provides opportunity for institutions to maintain links with former students or connect with future students.
How is Emerald InTouch currently being used?
* To support distance learning courses at a leading academic institution - students record personal and group reflections on their blogs, assess each other's work by uploading multi-media files, use InTouch as a space to meet and get to know each other prior to the first face-to-face lesson;
* To reduce graduate isolation and support executive MBA courses at a major multi-national firm- employees share ideas and application of theory in between face-to-face training sessions, graduates are encouraged to network with each other despite being based in different offices around the world.
* Your Profile
* Your Blog
* Your Files
* Your Network
* Account Settings
* External Services
These movies offer a quick over of how to complete a particular activity.
* Add a personal wiki page
* Adding friends to your friends list
* Create a folder and upload a file
* Create a new community
* Edit community profileSearching
* Subscribe to new RSS Feed
* Upload icons
* Your blog archive and categories
White Pages / Emerald InTouch Member Directory
Emerald InTouch is Elgg Powered