This strand builds on previous JISC programmes and other work in this area that have dealt with the issues around the deposit process and as mentioned above, seeks to lower the barrier to deposit:
- "Jisc Depost" event that preceded the funding of these projects: the list of current deposit tools that have been built and the themes/patterns beginning to emerge in these deposit situations.
- There have been a range of other JISC projects that have worked in the deposit solution.
- Open Access Repository Junction offers an API that supports redirect and deposit of research outputs into multiple repositories.
- Open Access policies are listed by ROARMAP and Sherpa-Juliet, and these may suggest research communities where deposit might be a concern for researchers.
- SWORD is a widely used application nationally and internationally.
- Various "Shared Infrastructure Services" projects, such as Sherpa-RoMEO, openDOAR and Names offer functionality that can support deposit.
- Text mining tools/services by organisations such as Yahoo's term extractor, Thomson Reuters's Open-Calais, Nactem's tools for researchers and other services also provide opportunities to enhance deposit.