Resulting from the Article of the Future project innovations, we are now able to announce the SciVerse ScienceDirect redesigned article page, with a new layout including a navigational pane and an optimized reading middle pane.
The Article of the Future project- an ongoing initiative aiming to revolutionize the traditional format of the academic paper in regard to three key elements: presentation, content and context.
About the Article of the Future
Elsevier invests in platform innovation bringing together solutions like SciVerse ScienceDirect, SciVerse Scopus and web/third party content into one point of access: SciVerse. Now, through the Article of the Future project, Elsevier is redefining the article and associated article page on SciVerse ScienceDirect to allow for an optimal exchange of formal scientific research between scientist
- The Article of the Future project is our never-ending quest to explore better ways to create and deliver the formal published record.
- The Article of the Future format makes Elsevier journals on SciVerse ScienceDirect the best possible place to expose and explore research
- Developed with 150 researchers
- Redesigned article presentation for excellent on-line readability and seamless navigation
- Discipline-specific content, format, and tools adjusted to the author and user needs and workflow
- Enriched article content with features such as the Protein Viewer, Genome Viewer and Google Maps
- Enables authors to put their article in the context of other research such as Genbank and Protein Data Bank
Sources Available At
[ http://www.articleofthefuture.com ]